Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gav the Future Governor

So, part of my extensive San Fransisco experience was meeting the mayor (and resident sex pot) of San Fransisco, Gavin Newsom. He is planning to run for governor of California since Arnold's term limit is coming up soon and this benefit was to help him finance that effort. It ended up being a wild night with too much vodka soaked lychees (which I've never had period, much less soaked in vodka) and philandering. Matt and I met these super fun guys, who we thought were a gay couple, while tailing Gavin all over the club for a picture. Turns out that we were able to help each other attack him from either side, and they took pictures for us and vice versa. It also turns out that they were not only not together, but they weren't gay, which was a surprise indeed!
I also fell down the stairs leading to the BART station and I still have a bruise on my ankle. My back is finally better, though. I thought I was going to have to rely on my meager health insurance to take care of the problem, but I'm still young enough to recover from such minor injuries.
When Matt and I got back to his house, we drink a bottle of Pinot Noir and danced to Earth, Wind, and Fire's "September" and War's "Don't Let No One Get You Down" over and over again. There are unseemly pictures of said dance party that can not make it on this blog for fear of public shunning.
Ah, a day in the life...
This is what I saw around the corner from the club where we were headed. I thought it was cool and snapped some photos.










No comments: