2 weeks ago
Friday, July 24, 2009
We're Camping in a Corner of the Room
My outfit was inspired by the Cherry Blossom Girl's trip to the U.S. and Vintage Americana.
I spent the evening the best way possible-- listening to four Mexicans chat about politics and social issues in Spanish. Some days I love my life!
Dress: Faith 21
Shoes: Velvet Angels (shopbop)
Bracelets: Vintage from Ball Park Flea Market (Catholic Saints bracelets)
Glasses: Secondhand from garage sale (popped out the prescription lenses)
Music obsession for the day (and inspiration for title of post):
On another note, I received this award from Little Violet Dress! Thank you, it totally made my day.
Ok, so evidentally, I'm supposed to list seven interesting things about myself. Here goes.
1. I can recite (by heart) the first fifteen lines of The Canterbury Tales in middle English (the language in which it was originally written).
2. I speak Danish fluently.
3. I'm obsessively vain about my teeth.
4. I'm a writer. I mostly write creative nonfiction, though I have been known to venture into fiction now and again.
5. I was an exchange student in Denmark (hence, the speaking Danish bit).
6. I'm a complete ludite. I am refuse to learn anything about technology unless it directly serves my immediate needs (i.e. this blog).
7. I have experienced four sweats in a traditional Lakota sweat lodge. In fact, it is the only time that I have ever (truly) prayed.
Now, it is my turn to tag seven people.
Daisy Chain Dreams
Fashion, Love, and Martinis
Dear. Diary Manuel Navarro
The Fashion Therapist
The Femme Hinterland
Every Little Counts