Monday, May 4, 2009

Going Country


Ok, so I'm from Colorado, which generally speaking, sets me apart in this area. I'm always overdressed and unscrupulous about my love of fashion. But then there's the deep down hidden Colorado of me. I think it's compounded by my paternal grandfather's obsession with western films. I've watched them my whole life. In fact, when he wakes up at 5 am, I hear the Starz Western Channel while I'm laying on the air matress before he leaves for work. Therefore, the country part of me was bound to come out. I have many outfits that have manifested from my thwarted attempts at suffocating the cowtown in me; however, lately reruns of Maverick and seeing Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (probably the most monumental film of all time) have made me a slave to the country lifestyle. Here is my latest inspiration. Lord only knows what will come out of these photos.
And just for the record, part of my western infatuation is definitely due to the good looks of James Garner, Robert Redford, and Paul Newman. Sorry. I can't help myself.






No comments: