Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Out of Africa

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss-Killing the Blues
This entire outfit is rooted in my bracelet: a bracelet that I received from a friend of mine who traveled to Kenya. Coincidentally (or not), she now lives in Togo and works with the Peace Corps. It's interesting how all of my friends buy me ethnic jewelry because they're all do-gooders who have adopted this chronic fashionista. Anyway, I loved it, but never thought I would wear it with an outfit. That's where this blog comes in. I walked by my bracelet sitting on the dresser on Sunday evening and thought "Africa!" I remembered that about two seasons ago, African prints were everywhere on the runways and I decided that this bracelet could definitely fit into my wardrobe. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of African inspired prints (something to work on, perhaps?), so this was the best I could do. Then, it was cold, unlike Africa, so I threw on a coat. Suddenly, the outfit was all muddled, but I'm still thinking that it's pretty cool.
P.S. This Nine West bag from Ross is rapidly becoming my favorite. It's bottomless, I swear!
P.P.S I have never read Out of Africa by Karen Blixen but this is solely because I want to read it in Danish (it's original language) and have yet to secure a copy in Danish.






Skirt: Fassina
Top: James Perse
Scarf: Ebay
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Bag: Nine West (Ross)
Jacket: Paris Blues (Ross)
Bracelet: Gift from Kenya

No comments: